One of the fun parts of my holiday table House of Fifty feature was creating easy and inexpensive DIY projects that you can include on your holiday table or really any party table. I have seen online a variety of companies that offer cake and cupcake pedestals for $70+ and I thought...I can do that and I can make them in whatever colors I want AND add fun ball fringe!!! The best part...I did this all for $2.50!!!
You Will Need:
- Pack of 6 Wooden Candlesticks (bought from Hobby Lobby for $2.99)
- Pack of 2” Wooden Circles (bought from Michaels for $1.99)
- 3” round Kraft Ornaments (brought from Michaels for $0.99)
- All Purpose Permanent Adhesive
- Primer and Paint (color of your choice)
STEP ONE: Place a dime size amount of glue on the flat bottom of the candlestick and then adhere to the 2” wooden circle. Let stand about 20 minutes.
STEP TWO: Line the top of the wooden candlestick with glue and then adhere to the center of the 3” round kraft ornament. Let stand for at least 30 minutes before painting.
STEP THREE: Because wood is bare you may want to primer first before painting. If you do not primer, it will just require an extra coat of paint.
FUN DETAILS!!! You can wrap ribbon or pom-trim around the lip of the top of the cupcake pedestal to match any party or holiday.